Mobile Accelerate Plan Telstra – Scott Farquhar, founder of Aussie tech darling Atlassian. Pretty casual for a billionaire, huh? Photo: Asha Barbashaw/Australia
Looks like Telstra is gearing up for a mobile streaming revolution! The telco may not be able to unmeter Netflix on mobile, but it is bringing customers plenty of bonus data and Presto subscriptions on all kinds of plans.
Mobile Accelerate Plan Telstra
It is interesting to note that only new customers receive bonus information. Existing customers must contract with the phone company or watch with envy.
New Telstra Plans: Massive New Data Inclusions, Free Foxtel Presto
• New Mobile Accelerate (handset) customers on the $55 plan normally get 500MB per month, and under the new bonus offer they get an additional 500MB, bringing the total up to 1GB.
• New Mobile Accelerate (handset) customers on the $70 plan normally get 1.5GB per month and under the new bonus offer they get an additional 1GB for a total of 2.5GB.
• New Mobile Accelerate (handset) customers on the $95 plan normally get 2.5GB per month and under the new bonus offer they get an additional 3.5GB per month for a total of 6GB.
• New Mobile Accelerate (handset) customers on the $130 plan normally get 3GB per month, and under the new bonus offer they get an additional 7GB, bringing the total to 10GB per month. Not bad if you are a big spender.
Australians Sitting On $5.6 Billion In Unwanted Tech
• New customers on the $45 Mobile Accelerate BYO plan typically get 500MB of data. The bonus means they get an extra 1.5GB, bringing the monthly total to 2GB.
• New customers on the $55 Mobile Accelerate BYO plan typically get 1.5GB of data. The bonus means they get an extra 2GB, bringing the monthly total to 3.5GB.
• New customers on the $70 Mobile Accelerate BYO plan typically get 2.5GB of data. The bonus means they get an extra 3.5GB, bringing the monthly total to 6GB.
• New customers on the $95 Mobile Accelerate BYO plan typically get 3GB of data. The bonus means they get a whopping 7GB extra, taking the monthly total up to 10GB to match the mobile package.
Telstra Dumps 25gb Into New Plans For The First Month
• New customers typically get 500MB of data on the $45 Mobile Accelerate Casual plan. The bonus means they get an extra 1.5GB, bringing the monthly total to 2GB.
• New customers typically get 1.5GB of data on the $55 Mobile Accelerate Casual plan. The bonus means they get an extra 2GB, bringing the monthly total to 3.5GB.
• New customers on the $70 Mobile Accelerate Casual plan typically get 2.5GB of data. The bonus means they get an extra 3.5GB, bringing the monthly total to 6GB.
• New customers on the $95 Mobile Accelerate Casual plan typically get 3GB of data. The bonus means they get a whopping 7GB extra, taking the monthly total up to 10GB to match the mobile package.
Telstra And Tpg Telecom Join Forces In Australian First
Apparently Telstra is trying to push Foxtel Presto over Netflix, but that doesn’t make it any less sweet for free.
Customers who take out a new Mobile Accelerate contract for 24 months will get a free six-month subscription to Presto. Telstra International and Chiora have entered into a strategic partnership with a common focus on providing location and network access services to China.
Services are provided from Chiora’s hyperscale campus serving the Tianjin-Beijing corridor in the People’s Republic of China.
The partnership aims to give customers access to a wide range of high-performance data center capacity, ranging from scale-up capacity to more than 300 MW available at the company’s home state Chiora’s Tianjin campus.
Telstra’s Revival Plan Fails To Convince Investors
The Telstra Chiora facility in Bechen (TJ1) is intended to serve as a high-quality, scalable extension to Telstra’s nearby Tier III investment facility in Tianjin, with up to 3,000 racks available in the third quarter of 2020.
The Chiora campus, including the co-location facility, is served by a high-performance, low-latency, carrier-neutral network that connects Telstra’s existing sites in Wuqing and Shanghai and provides high-performance connections operated by Telstra from Beijing.
In the new facility, all data halls are designed to Tier III maintainable international standards to meet the high demands of small scale data storage requirements, including density requirements up to 30KVA/rack with a leading edge PUE of <1.4.
TJ1 aims to complement the build-to-suit services available to international and Chinese domestic hyperscale cloud service providers elsewhere on the Chiora campus, the company said.
Sunsuper Gets A Slice Of Telstra’s Mobile Phone Tower Business
The entire campus is served by a carrier-neutral network operated by Telstra, with <2.5ms round-trip latency to Beijing CBD.
The scheme links each site on campus to each other and to existing Telstra PBS data centres. Within co-location, customers can also use cross-connections with the Telstras programmable network.
Chiora CEO Oliver Jones says: “As a hyper-sized, adaptable campus developer and operator, this move represents Chiora’s first steps towards multi-tenant facilities.
“The partnership aims to provide an improved level of service to both international companies and first-class local cloud and technology service companies operating in China by leveraging operator-neutral multi-service provider fiber options in Telstra’s network management.
The Visual Merchandising Platform Built For Today’s Retail
Oliver Camplin-Warner, CEO of Telstra International, said: “Telstra’s commitment to our customers in the Asia Pacific means we are constantly striving to adopt new technologies and enhance our existing infrastructure. We are therefore very proud to be a strategic partner for the new Chayora.” Campus
He says: “Telstra has built and operates the largest undersea cable network in APAC with 30 percent of lit inland capacity in Asia. In addition, Telstra has also established a strong domestic footprint across the region due to scale and scale. The resilience of our network .
“This work has resulted in Telstra being recognized as the number one overseas telecommunications provider in South Korea, Taiwan and the Philippines, and one of only a few in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore.
Telstra Expands Business Offering to Build South Korea’s Largest Commercial Data Center Digital Edge Philippines DataBank Expands SAN1 Data Center Capacity in San Diego Chiora Receives Uptime Institute Gold Certification Pacific Asian Telecommunications Awards 2022 Global Communications Limited Group 2022 HTML Group Partnerships.
Edge Computing Archives
5G Mavenir Integrates Cloud-Based 5G Offerings with Google Cloud Infrastructure Mavenir has integrated its cloud-based 5G products with public cloud infrastructure in Google Cloud, extending the company’s One Network, Any Cloud All software strategy. Data protection iseek acquires South Australian data centre, YourDC. The acquisition expands iseek’s colocation, cloud and connectivity offering to seven data centers in Brisbane, Northern Queensland, Sydney and Adelaide. Microsoft puts the data horse before the technology cart. I often ask myself a question: Are we over-indexing technology thinking rather than data? AI Versa Announces Partnership with Nabiq to Deliver 5G Services Versa’s VOS 5G UPF enables a unique approach to 5G edge solutions by combining virtual machines with SASE multitenancy agreements to enable UPF data tier data. Over 19 287,000 SMBs joined JakPreneur, a government collaboration platform that connects entrepreneurs and stakeholders Data Center Cooling The world is warming, but data centers must stay cool With global warming, data center maintenance is a challenge. Cooling becomes more complex, more expensive and requires much more power. Sustainable IT Equinix partners use hydrogen technology in NUS data centers Partners are developing hydrogen fuel technologies for green data centers in tropical climates and for use in Equinix’s global network. IT Automation Juniper Networks Announces Expansion of Apstra Software with Apstra Freeform The recently announced Apstra Freeform technology enables customers to manage and automate data center operations regardless of architecture. Software Defined Wide Area Network Axiata, Versa Networks Partner for Enterprise SASE in Asia Axiata has partnered with Versa Networks to deliver Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) technology to rapidly digitize Asian businesses. IT infrastructure Bentley Systems announced the finalists for the 2022 Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure competition. The company says this annual awards program honors the work of Bentley software users who contribute to the design, construction and management of infrastructure around the world. Server center maintenance/management Schneider Electric supports new leading edge data center in Australia As a result of the new project, Australian regional companies and communities are likely to have better opportunities to use distributed cloud networks. Software-as-a-Service Honeywell launches data center suite for business outcomes. AWS Marketplace Whitepaper: A Practical Guide to Mitigating Risk in Modern Applications Secure Kubernetes and Containerized Workloads at Amazon Web Services aws.com Update InterSystems releases updates to its IRIS platform. Next-generation solutions provider InterSystems has announced a series of new releases of the award-winning InterSystems IRIS data platform. Gartner Names Visionary Two Magic Quadrant SnapLogic has announced that it is the only integrated platform as a service (iPaaS) vendor in the Visionary Two Magic Quadrant category. Storage Seagate announces